Although the parish’s true life centers around font and table, lectern and pulpit, much work is needed to respond faithfully to the Gospel call. Here are some of the major groups and commissions that help make up Holy Family’s parish life.
- The Pastoral Care Commission seeks to coordinate our community’s response when pastoral care is needed. Their ministries include new mothers’ outreach (the Guild of the Christ Child), transportation, homebound visitation, Lay Eucharistic Visitors, meals, and the parish Prayer Team.
- The Christianity and the Arts Commission helps the congregation live out their faith through artistic expression.
- The Outreach Commission helps us stay connected to the ministries we support beyond the parish’s walls.
- The Steering Committee, as it is known, is charged with the implementation of Holy Family’s new strategic plan.
- The Properties Commission is tasked with the upkeep and care of our parish’s physical plant and its fabrics. Outdoor and interior workdays, ongoing maintenance, landscaping and so much more make up the work of this important commission.
- The Liturgy Commission exists to ensure that the parish is blessed with a robust liturgical life. Its goal is to provide a full observance of the church’s feasts and fasts, the liturgies of Holy Week and Easter, seasonal additions, acolytes, ushers, the Altar and Flower Guilds, the Children’s Liturgy, Lay Eucharistic Ministers and lectors.
- The Finance Commission advises the vestry in all matters related to the financial stewardship of the parish. Budgeting, the Every Member Canvass and banking matters are the domain of this commission.
- The Fellowship Commission seeks to increase relationships within the parish through social events. Its ministries include Sunday morning coffee and refreshments, First Sunday Fellowship hour between the second and third liturgies, lemonade in the shade during the summer months, in-home fellowship dinners, picnics, outings, funeral receptions and special events catering.
- The Augustine Literacy Project, learn more about the Augustine Literacy Project here.