Although the parish’s true life centers around font and table, lectern and pulpit, much work is needed to respond faithfully to the Gospel call. Here are some of the major groups and commissions that help make up Holy Family’s parish life. In addition to these, we have commissions for Christian Education, Youth and Outreach commissions.
- The Christian Life Commission exists to find ways for Holy Family both to spread the Christian faith as well as mature in it. Their ministries include retreats, workshops, Marriage Encounter, newcomers, the tract rack, and small groups.
- The Pastoral Care Commission seeks to coordinate our community’s response when pastoral care is needed. Their ministries include new mothers’ outreach (the Guild of the Christ Child), transportation, homebound visitation, Lay Eucharistic Visitors, meals, and the parish Prayer Team.
- The Steering Committee, as it is known, is charged with the implementation of Holy Family’s strategic visioning process called the Vision for Ministry. The 2010 Vision for Ministry document sets out many of the parish’s future goals and objectives.
- The Properties Commission is tasked with the upkeep and care of our parish’s physical plant and its fabrics. Outdoor and interior workdays, ongoing maintenance, landscaping and so much more make up the work of this important commission.
- The Liturgy Commission exists to ensure that the parish is blessed with a robust liturgical life. Its goal is to provide a full observance of the church’s feasts and fasts, the liturgies of Holy Week and Easter, seasonal additions, acolytes, ushers, the Altar and Flower Guilds, the Children’s Liturgy, Lay Eucharistic Ministers and lectors.
- The Finance Commission advises the vestry in all matters related to the financial stewardship of the parish. Budgeting, the Every Member Canvass and banking matters are the domain of this commission.
- The Fellowship Commission seeks to increase relationships within the parish through social events. Its ministries include Sunday morning coffee and refreshments, First Sunday Fellowship hour between the second and third liturgies, lemonade in the shade during the summer months, in-home fellowship dinners, picnics, outings, funeral receptions and special events catering.
- The Augustine Literacy Project, learn more about the Augustine Literacy Project here.