Holy Family’s confirmation program is called Journey in Faith (JiF) and is always offered in the season leading up to the bishop’s annual visitation, usually in the Spring of the year. In 2018, the Rt. Rev. Anne E. Hodges-Copple, Suffragan Bishop of North Carolina will preside at confirmation on Sunday, April 8 (the Sunday after Easter) at the 10:00 a.m. liturgy.
This year’s course will be for adults who wish to be confirmed, received into The Episcopal Church from another denomination, or confirmed Episcopalians who wish to reaffirm those commitments. A course for youth will be offered next year.
- Sunday, February 11, 2018: Lent and Holy Week: A Sacred Time for Growth
- Sunday, February 18, 2018: The Anglican Tradition: Our Place in the Universal Church
- Sunday, February 25, 2018: The Book of Common Prayer: A Guide to Christian Living
- Sunday, March 4, 2018: Catechism and Creeds: What Christians Believe
- Sunday, March 11, 2018: The Life of Grace: The Church’s Seven Sacraments
- Sunday, March 18, 2018: Christian Service: Living the Baptismal Covenant
Time: 9:00-10:00 a.m.
All participants will be expected to have a robust plan to participate in the liturgies of Holy Week.
A course packet of readings will be given to each participant, as will a copy of The Book of Common Prayer.
If you have any questions, or would like to register, please be in touch with the Rector by email.