By Paul Cizek, Youth Minister
With only a few EYCs left this year in April, we wanted to give youth one more opportunity to raise topics and questions for our discussions. This past Sunday, we polled Jr EYC, and this is what we received:
What Things Don’t We Discuss at Church That We Probably Should?
- Stress and staying positive when we feel down
- How to be inclusive when there are things about other people that annoy us
- Things about ourselves that are good; things that others see in us that we sometimes don’t see
- How to deal with bullying in school
- Adapting to new things
- Loosing faith in God after a traumatic event, because he wasn’t there to help you through it
- How we spend our free time
- Our futures
- Dealing with failure
What Question Should We Explore Together?
- Why are all the set-ups of the altar different at each service?
- If someone is mean to you and keeps being mean to you, how are you supposed to forgive them?
- Why is it so easy to lose faith in God and so hard to believe?
- What is your favorite part of being a Christian?
- Is hell a real physical place? What does it take to go, if so?
- What’s a good way to pray
- What makes you happy?
Looks like we’ll have some good discussions together in April!